Areas of Business
Transportation and Urban Mobility
The transportation sector is marked by unique dynamism and complexities, demanding strategic vision, deep technical knowledge, and the use of sophisticated analytical tools.
In that sense, EGL Engineering is active in a wide range of urban mobility areas related to urban and regional transportation, both public and private, proposing innovative, smart and efficient solutions that cater to the needs of its clients.
Among others, these are some of the differentials in the technical field: incorporation of information technology to its products and services; multidisciplinary, technical, legal and economic teams working together; development of macro and micro simulations in an integrated and customized way.
In the institutional field, it can assist municipalities and states in public and private fundraising to support transportation and urban mobility projects. That way, it contributes with the sustainable development of cities and federative units.
Urban mobility master plans based on the Brazilian National Sustainable Urban Mobility Policy.
- Studies and projects to optimize public transportation and expand urban mobility.
- Search based on domestic origin/destination and bus terminals.
- Studies and projects for non-motorized transportation: bicycle paths networks and pedestrian circulation.
- Optimization of urban cargo logistics.
Urban and regional transportation
- Strategic and operational planning of multimodal passenger transportation systems.
- Studies and optimization of markets and networks.
- Development of macro and micro simulations and modeling.
- Studies and projects on new transportation technologies such as BRS, BRT and LRV.
- Modeling of demand and fare calculation.
- Technical, economic and environmental feasibility studies for transportation projects.
- Business strategy and financial modeling.
- Financial management: tax collection management, resources transfer, ticketing system, electronic ticketing operation and clearing.
Studies and proposals on transportation system interoperability and integration.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
- Operational Control and Monitoring Center (OCMC).
- Operational Supervision Center (OSC).
Tenders and grant
Studies for tenders and grants of public transportation services: basic designs, legal studies, economic feasibility, notices drafting.
- Institutional and management modeling.
- Public-Private Partnership (PPP) modeling.
- Regulation for public, mass and individual transportation services.
Efficient transport, reduced costs, quality mobility.
Traffic Tickets Processing and Traffic Engineering
The multidisciplinary knowledge and modern technology tools of EGL Engineering allow the proper assessment of displacement-related complexities ensuing from interrelations between physical and human factors.
It works in a strategic and differentiated fashion performing macro and micro modeling and simulations, in an integrated and customized way. Moreover it incorporates information technology into its products and services.
A highlight is its work in the field of traffic ticket management, where it processes traffic tickets in a full and integrated way for municipal, state and federal agencies, granting efficiency to institutions and safer road traffic to the population.
Traffic Ticket Processing
- Full processing of traffic tickets for municipal, state and federal agencies.
- Teams management and technical advice on activities.
- Analysis and fact finding of traffic violations proceedings.
- Support to the Administrative Boards of Traffic Violations Appeals – JARI.
- Development of traffic engineering technical activities.
- Work in the field of information technology throughout the traffic ticket management cycle.
- Handling and scanning of documents produced by traffic inspection.
- Reading and conference of images recorded by the electronic devices.
- Printing of violation notices and documents of the traffic inspection performed.
- On-site services to citizen with reception, protocol and proceeding of documents.
- Road studies and designs.
- Studies and projects on signaling: horizontal, vertical and semaphore.
- Road safety studies and projects.
- Traffic Directions Plans (TDP).
- Impact Studies and Traffic Impact Reports (TIR).
- Traffic studies: manual and automatic volumetric and grading counts.
- Study on traffic-generating hubs.
- Traffic modeling and simulation.
- Demand modeling: OD matrix through Origin and Destination search and Stated Preference search.
- Functional and operational analysis of intersections.
- Analysis on road capacity and saturation.
- Economic feasibility analysis for participation in road concessions and urban road tolling.
- Modal competition analysis and route escape index.
- Parking and Park & Ride designs.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
Integrated processes, efficient inspection, safer traffic.
Geoprocessing and Territorial Development
Geoprocessing techniques assist urban analyses, characterization and modeling of transportation services demand and supply, and on the design of urban and interurban transportation corridors. They also support municipal management, increased tax collection (IPTU, ISS, ITBI), public assets management, infrastructure planning, services to citizens, among others. The SIGs are widely used. In the context of territory management, they work on the multi-purposed technical registry enabling data updating, expanding tax collection, fiscal justice and efficient urban planning.
That is why the EGL Engineering works with a multidisciplinary team of professionals committed with the client’s needs, using updated and innovative geotechnologies for several applications, notably transportation and urban planning and development. The company develops customized Geographic Information Systems (SIGs) that fit into the actual needs of clients, with web-based or desktop solutions.
In this field, the company is highly seasoned in providing support to municipalities and states to raise public and private funds to enable urban planning designs, thus cooperating with the sustainable development of cities and the federative units.
- Specification and gathering of orthophotos and aerial images.
- Elaboration of digital maps.
- Preparation and update of geographic databases.
- Design of Block Floor Blueprint and Cadastral Reference Blueprint – CRB.
- Block Blueprint
Geographic Information Systems
- Platform for smart cities.
- Development and implementation of geographic information systems.
- Corporate database modeling.
- Technology transfer and capacity-building.
- Field surveys: street furniture, economic activities and infrastructure.
- Implementation and update of multi-purpose technical registries.
- Data geocoding.
- Service to citizens.
- Organizational diagnosis.
- Generic values ground plan.
- Tax code drafting.
- Land regulation.
- Master plan drafting.
Geographic intelligence, revenue increase, sustainable management.
It also develops systems for private corporations and public agencies using tools already consolidated in the market, either open languages or not, always considering the best benefit on behalf of quality and easiness in the advancement of its products.
It develops and implements IT systems for private corporations and public agencies, employing several market technologies oriented to the 4.0 industry, always considering the best benefit on behalf of quality and easiness in the advancement of its products, adding costs reduction, errors reduction, security expansion, energy savings and business transparency to the institutions.
It plans and surveys requirements, besides analyzing and modeling data and processes. That allows building customized systems to meet specific needs, and also providing preventive/predictive, corrective and evolutional maintenance.
As member of the Esri Partner Network – EPN, a network aimed at creating innovative solutions for market segments through the ArcGIS platform, EGL Engineering has maximized its services and products through the access to cutting-edge georeferencing technologies, and permanent staff training.
Always committed with the client, it works prioritizing technology transfer, assisted operation and training of clients aiming the right and productive usability of products. In addition, it integrates systems and creates Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
CCO and CSO
Innovative solutions, modern tools, smart cities.
PPPs and Public Modernization
EGL Engineering works in PPPs in the fields of infrastructure, transportation, sanitation and housing.
- Assistance in the design of legal and regulatory PPPs structuring framework, the contract duration.
- Support to the definition of in-house processes and responsibilities for the elaboration of each PPP stage.
- Technical studies and projects to assess projects feasibility.
- Structuring of Manifestation of Interest (MI) and Private Manifestation of Interest (PMI) procedures.
- Risks assessment: environmental, operational, compensations, legal issues, judicial demand, among others.
- Preparation of financial, operational and legal modeling.
Public and private funding sources:
- Brazilian Bank for Economic and Social Development – BNDES.
- Caixa, Banco do Brasil, regional and private banks.
- Latin America Development Bank – CAF.
- Inter-American Development Bank – IADB
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development – IBRD.
- Mercosur Structural Convergence Fund – FOCEM.
- Plata Basin Financial Development Fund – FONPLATA.
- Financial investment funds.
Structured operations, profitable projects, efficient management.
Contact us for a free diagnosis and recommendations on preliminary actions.
Complex The Union
SMAS Trecho 3 Conj. 3 Bloco A Sala 215 Brasília-DF
It is located in a business complex, which allows holding small, medium and big events.
+55 (61) 3032-6303 | (61) 3248-1811